Personally, nothing beats getting a copy of the Total Guitar or Guitar Techniques and subsequently placing myself in a chair in the sun in the garden or cuddling up on the couch with a cup of coffee. At the same time there is a wealth of magazines available online for free. Here are five of my favorites.
A comprehensive guitar magazine with everything you may expect from a modern guitar magazine. Gear reviews, lessons, and more. Go visit the magazine here >>>
A free subscription to the digital version of the magazine is available, including the option to search back issues. A big recommend.
Guitar Interactive is the world’s first fully interactive digital magazine for guitarists the world over – and it’s completely free! Drawing on the resources of Licklibrary – the internationally renowned music teaching resource – GI brings together expert players to analyse the styles and techniques of the world’s best guitarists, which you can see and hear in the hours of video that are in every issue.
An amazing new magazine and a very definite recommendation with a free subscription available here >>>. What appealed especially is the way in which the magazine actually reads like a magazine but on screen.
One of my favorite magazines to pick up in the shop and read. It comes with a free CD/DVD with further instructions, lessons and play along tracks. Go see the magazine here >>>.
It is through this magazine that I keep myself growing. Monthly lessons that push the beginner as well as the advanced players. Great magazine that comes with a CD/DVD with further information, lessons and sound samples. My favorite.
Go visit the site and magazine here >>>
What are your Favorite Guitar Magazines?
It is impossible I guess to be complete, else Id spend more time browsing and reading that playing. So I limited myself to five of my favorites here. What are some of your favorite music magazines and why? I look forward to hearing about your recommendations.
- Lee Ritenour Announces 2nd Annual Guitar Competition (theurbanflux.wordpress.com)
- 2010 best guitar riffs as described by some magazine (digitalvegetarian.com)
- Guitar Interactive, the Free New Digital Magazine from Licklibrary (geardiary.com)
- Lead Guitar Lessons (howtolearnguitarfastforbeginners.wordpress.com)
- NAMM to Work with Guitar Player, Bass Player, Keyboard, Electronic Musician, Modern Drummer Magazines on SN11 Public Day (prnewswire.com)
- How do guitar learners stay motivated and start “knowing” the fretboard? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Purchasing Your Guitar (jmcartee.wordpress.com)
- Guitar Orchestra of Barcelona @ Troy Music Hall 4/9/11 (timesunion.com)
- Steve Vai To Give “World’s Largest Online Guitar Lesson” (radio923fm.radio.com)
- Photographs (benruddell93.wordpress.com)
- Van Halen Guitar Given To Smithsonian (popcrunch.com)
- The Edge is not on the White Page (ask.metafilter.com)
- Thin Lizzy’s Vivian Campbell Pays Homage to the Late Gary Moore (noisecreep.com)