I guess the summer brings out this desire to pick up the acoustic guitar more and play on that. Besides that I have found myself appreciating the acoustic guitar more and more and at times even over the electric. But most of all it is easier to pick up and play, in the sun, under the umbrella, when there are friends around for a bit of a sing along and to play and sing Christian songs as a way of personal praise throughout the week.
In all this, my (soon to be busking buddy ggg, you know who you are) sent me a you tube link to a song called Tamacun by Rodrigo y Gabriella, two people that left the metal rock band scene to go out and busk Now while it is easy to be distracted by all the beautiful melodies, what really hit me was the amazing rhythm guitar of Gabriella.
And to get a better idea of what she’s all about rhythmically I suggest the next video.
And here two video lessons by these two awesome players.
- Rodrigo y Gabriela Cancel US Tour (jambase.com)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Top 5 Acoustic Guitar Solos of All Time (psychedelichippiemusic.blogspot.com)
- There are more than three chords!?! (ask.metafilter.com)
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like… (inallcaps.com)
- After The Burial – In Dreams (thenewreview.net)
- Can I replace a broken tuning peg on my friend’s guitar myself? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela cancel tour, Egg show (timesunion.com)
- ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO – October Tour Cancelled, “Doctor’s Orders” (bravewords.com)